With so many different types of rug underlays available on the market, it’s sometimes difficult to choose the best one for your needs because so many different factors come into play. These include personal opinion, preferences, floor safety, environmental issues, safety, and its intended use. Other factors also come into play as well. Some people invest in rug underlays for that extra comfort under their feet, while others are interested in something thin that can be used under their outdoor rug.
Cheap rug underlays can damage floor
Some people don’t realize that cheap rug underlays can also damage their hardwood floors. These underlays have a pad down, and many don’t realize that it’s actually damaging until its too late. Some of these damages can be expensive to repair. For larger rugs, rug underlays are quite common and are generally the best investment for most large-area rugs.
100% Wool – A truly Organic Rug Underlay
100% wool underlays can be quite hard to find these days, but we think they’re one of the best on the market. These underlays are about 3/8 inch thick and are quite dense. They offer best protection to your hardwood floors. Let’s have a close look at some of its other benefits.
Nature underfoot rug undelays also prolongs the life of your area rugs, the wool used for making them is pressed into a very firm density. This prevents the stress that causes damage to the expensive area rugs. Additionally the resilience of the wool underlay allows the fibers of area rug to easily spring back after being compressed by pets, foot prints, and more. It also prevents the underside of your rug from rubbing against the hard floor surface.
* Wool is obtained from sheeps that are generally shorn even 8-12 months. So it’s a renewable product. It’s also a sustainable product that is generated from a completely renewable resource called grass.
* Wool possess flame retarding properties, so it’s difficult to ignite. As compared to other synthetic materials, wool contributes much less to smoke and toxic gas formation. It is also a much safer product when compared to other alternatives.
* Wool is also a natural product made from amino acids that offers much better and gentle protection to your floors.
* Wool is also bio-degradable. When it is placed in soil, it readily degrades and generates sulfur, carbon dioxide, nitrogen and water, which are all plant nutrients.
* Natural wool is completely safe and can be used with all laminates, hard wood floor surfaces, and hard woods. The reason is that all natural wool is never exposed to harsh additives or chemicals.
Natural, eco-friendly and organic rug underlays
Some people feel that rug underlays made using either Austrian or New Zealand all-natural wool are best as they last for years, and offer best return on investment. The best way to ensure your floors are not damaged due to inferior underlay is to make sure it is made using all natural wool. It’s mainly the chemicals of additives added to some rug underlay materials that can damage the floors. In addition, some floor underlays can trap moisture, which may cause some type of flooring to discolor or warp. These days, you can find many safe and eco-friendly alternatives for your floors.
Benefits of using eco-cushion rug underlays
* They’re completely safe for all types of floors and can hold bit longer than woolen rug underlays. They also offer much better slip protection than wool rug underlays.
* They are very easy to clean and can be simply washed with hand and can be air dried.
* They are safe for use in humid, hot climates, and work well on all polyurethane finishes, all hardwood floors, stone, marble and tiles.
* It’s an eco-friendly rug underlay, and doesn’t have any harmful fillers. It is made using organic polymer coating with soybean oil based scrim. It’s made in an eco-friendly way.
* These underlays come with extensive 20 years warranty. When you buy eco-friendly rug underlay, you’re not only preventing slip and falls, but are also adding comfort to your living space. It will also positively impact your health.
High-end oriental area rugs
If you have expensive oriental area rugs, you can use eco-cushion rug underlays. They are top-of-the-line products when it comes to cushioning, longevity and for providing best non-slip comfort. Due to their construction, eco-cushion rug underlays will remain plush and soft for years.
Eco-cushion rug underlays are created using a process that has minimal impact on our environment and ozone layer. They are made primarily from eco-friendly, renewable materials that include 100% all natural soybean oil and non-slip organic polymer coating.